So… I have blonde hair now! It was always a bucket list item, but I never got the chance to do it until now!
My stylist gave me some warnings before she started the process, and I want to also give you guys these forewarnings in case you haven’t gotten your hair done yet!Blonde Forewarnings
- You will actually have to style your hair (or at least blow dry it straight) or else you will look crazy & not put together. Don’t judge me, but I was never one to even brush my hair in the morning, because it looked totally fine! #IWokeUpLikeDis
- Your hair is initially going to feel D-R-Y. Although this may seem obvious to some, I didn’t realize how dry it was until I took my first shower. It was pretty scary to feel such tangled hair, when I was able to run my hands through my brunette hair so easily the day before.
- You will need to have a good hair maintenance routine. Before this, I would just wash my hair with color-extend shampoo & conditioner, but you’ll need to add a few more steps when you wash!
After the appointment, I went on a Google hunt to find the best affordable hair care products. These products work like MAGIC. I can honestly say that I can run my fingers through my hair, and feel like I’m on a Covergirl commercial ;).
Products I Use
- Redken Color Extend Shampoo & Conditioner
- Fanola No Yellow Shampoo (Purple Shampoo)
- Joico K‑PAK Color Therapy Luster Lock
I used the Redken Color Extend Shampoo & Conditioner way before I went blonde, and still think it’s a great product! I usually get it from Ulta when they have their Redken sales. Not sure how often they go on sale, but I’ll update this post when I find out! I would wait until the sales go on to buy it though, because it’s pretty costly ($29 for shampoo & $32 for conditioner regularly, and $15 each when on sale).
My stylist told me that the Joico Purple Shampoo (what I was previously using) was not strong enough for Asian hair. She told me to use the Fanola No Yellow Shampoo instead, and I do notice a bigger difference than the Joico brand! If you want to read the reviews for the Fanola brand, check out the 900 reviews on Amazon.
The Joico K-PAK Color Therapy Luster Lock is a savior for my damaged hair! I use this about twice a week, and really love it! When I am not using this, I use my Redken conditioner to maintain. I bought it through Amazon here.
I hope this helps you out! This would also help out ANYONE who has damaged hair.
Also out of curiosity – Do you make time to style your hair in the morning? Let me know!
* Disclaimer – Some links in this post will redirect to Amazon.com, which is where I bought these hair products. If you decide to purchase through my link, I may receive a commission.